Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Our New Laundry Room

I am so mad at myself for not really taking a "before" picture because unless you have seen it, you wouldn't believe the transformation. Since we moved into our new house, the laundry room has been a very sore spot with me. When you have a new house, you hate to complain about much but it really was the most ridiculous room.

Try to get this image in your head. There were no cabinets, just a shelf that seemed to attract every "what should we do with that" item in our house. Then, there was the "mudroom" that we actually had to pay to upgrade even though we lost a half bath in doing so. Well, the so called mudroom was a bench which they enclosed so there was no place for shoes. The bench was so high that even I was uncomfortable sitting on it to put my shoes on so it became a catch all for more of those strange items in our house not to mention, lots of smelly shoes. Then several feet above the bench was some hooks that were so high that even me, at 5 foot 7 inches, had to get on to my tiptoes to hang anything up. I am telling you, it was the most dysfunctional space in history.

Well, I have always had grand plans for this space but there is this issue of money that always seems to hinder my grand plans. So I waited and waited and researched and researched and finally, after much searching and getting bids for cabinets, I found the deal of the century on KSL.com (love that place).

What you are about to see really needs to be appreciated in person so all are welcome to come have a look. I must also mention that NONE of this would have been remotely possible without my extremely talented, handy man, Chad. He did demolition, repaired walls, painted (with a little help from me), hung the cabinets, made a little bench, did trim and then topped it off with more cubbies and crown molding. It looks AMAZING! Each of the kids has their own locker that they can't wait to decorate (inside only) and Mason has his own cubby that he is going to put all of his trophies in and I don't have to see anything out of place. I love it! Thanks Chad!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! It looks so good! I love the locker/cupboards. I will have to hire Chad when we buy a house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those look awesome Ang. Well worth the wait! GOod job Chad. I know I owe you a phone call. I want Lenitos as well. Mike and I were talking about it just the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ang! I just found your blog! SO CUTE! I have loved reading all the posts and seeing all the cute pics- I was totally laughing at some of your fun stories. I loved your boys boxing without shirts on... pics of the Draper temple open house... Mason's bday (BAH! Can't believe he's already 6)... St. patty's day... etc! Your kids couldn't be any cuter. And WOW! Chad is quite the handy man- loved your new cabinets in your mud room and shelving for your laundry room. How nice! SO fun to see you last week!

    ReplyDelete